Saddle Up For Charity 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the Saddle Up For Charity Ride?
- The 2017 Saddle Up Ride is Saturday, April 22, 2017.
- Where is the Saddle Up For Charity Ride?
- It is at the Diamond “B” Ranch, in Dade City, FL.
- Please click here for directions – GPS often guides you to another route that is not horse trail friendly.
- You will be parking in an empty grass area when you pull in. The trail however will be on private ranch land closed to the public. The Posse members will lead you. We will gather all riders just before departure at promptly 10:00 a.m. We will ride as a group from start to finish.
- Are horses provided for the ride?
- NO. We like to say “BYOH”, Bring Your Own Horse.
- How much does it cost to ride?
- $30 pre-registered (includes t-shirt, lunch)
- $35 at the gate (includes lunch)
- Will wagons or carts be on the trail ride?
- NO. Some of the trails are narrow and not conducive to wagons/carts.
- Is pre-registration just for riders?
- Yes, pre-registration is for anyone interested in bringing their own horse to ride on the trail. This may be subject to change as we finalize the event. Please review these questions periodically.
- Is lunch included in the price?
- Yes, lunch is only included for anyone who registers for the event, either riders on horse or wagon
- I am a rider, what time should I arrive?
- On Saturday, April 22, gates will open at 8:30 a.m. for rider registration and check-in.
- Arrive early to avoid long lines.
- All riders will begin assembling at 9:15 to 9:45 a.m.
- We will depart promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Remember to give yourself time to tack up and even warm up your horse to be prepared to ride in a large group.
- Registration and check-in are required.
- I am a non-rider, what time should I arrive?
- Arrive 10:00 a.m. or later to avoid horse trailer traffic. The wagon rides will have posted times at the event.
- What happens when I arrive?
- You will be directed to park your trailer or car.
- RIDERS bring COGGINS to the registration table.
- All riders will check in at the registration table.
- Free T-shirts are only available for pre-registered people at this time.
- If you are a non-rider review the full list of activities, view the Agenda.
- How long is the ride?
- 2 to 2 1/2 hours
- Is there recognition for generous donors?
- Yes. Prizes will be awarded for the highest individual and team fundraisers after the ride returns.
- Funds need to be turned in the day of the event at the registration table, to be considered for the prize:
- Riders before ride by 10:00 a.m.
- Non-rider by 12:00 p.m.
- Can I pay with a credit card?
- If you pre-register on this website, you may pay with a credit card. However on the day of the event credit cards will not be accepted at the gate, only cash or check.
- I can’t attend the event, but would like to make a donation. How can I do that?
- Donations are accepted on this website. (link coming soon)
- What can I do if I don’t have a horse?
- Join in on the fun at the event area where there will be music, vendors, wagon rides, and drawings! For a full listing, view the Agenda.
- How can I get a free t-shirt?
- Free t-shirts are available for all who pre-register.
- After you enter and have parked your vehicle, you will be directed to the registration table where your t-shirt will be waiting. We will have your pre-registration paperwork also.
- Can I get a t-shirt if I don’t pre-register?
- Yes, t-shirts will be available for sale during the event for $10.00 each.
- Why should I pre-register?
- There are several benefits to pre-registering:
- All pre-registration will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
- This helps us get proper counts for included lunches.
- Pre-registration is $30, registering at the table at the event is $35
- Registering at the table does not include a t-shirt, but will receive a meal.
- There are several benefits to pre-registering:
- Where can I pre-register?
- You can pre-register on this site, or print out the registration form which must be sent and post marked by April 17th to be considered pre-registered. Refer to the registration tab for information.
- What should I bring with me?
- Bring whatever you normally would on a 2-2 1/2 hour ride.
- Bring your COGGINS, you will not be allowed without it.
- There are places to water and rinse your horse.
- What can I bring to speed things up for registration on the day of the event?
- Current Negative Coggins
- If you did not register online, bring a printed and signed copy of the release form. One is required for each person.
- This form is a release of liability for the event.
- Who does the Saddle Up For Charity benefit?
- 100% of the proceeds go directly to Bridging Freedom’s Equine Therapeutic Program.
- Can I get a refund if my plans change?
- There is a No Refund policy. All monies spent can be considered a donation and are considered a tax deductible charitable contribution.
- Is there a rain date?
- This event is rain or shine! No rain date.
Click edit button to change this text.
Diamond “B” Ranch (21309 Kettering Rd., Dade City, Fl 33523, click for Google map)
DO NOT USE A GPS SETTING, UNLESS YOU HAVE A NEWLY UPDATED PROGRAM. MANY GPS SETTINGS WILL BRING YOU IN FROM POWER LINE RD AND KETTERING FROM THE HERNANDO COUNTY AREA. THIS IS NOT THE BEST WAY FOR HORSE TRAILERS OR VEHICLES WITHOUT 4 WHEEL DRIVE.
Google Maps is updated to use for directions to this location!!
However, MapQuest is not.
Signs will be posted at several intersections on the day of the event to help you find us!
- From I-75 & SR 50 (Exit 301): go West to Lockhart Rd, Turn Left/South, go over I-75 (road will turn into a limerock road) continue on Lockhart to the stop sign, turn Left/East onto Harris Hill, go to stop sign at CR575/Trilby Rd and continue East onto paved road turn Left/North on Kettering Rd (dirt right of way) approx ½ mile to Diamond “B” Ranch, follow driveway to the arena.
- From I-75 & CR41 (Exit 293): go East towards Dade City, turn Left/North onto CR575 for approx 3.5 miles, turn Left/North on Kettering Rd (a dirt right of way) approx ½ mile to Diamond “B” Ranch, follow driveway to the arena.
- From US Hwy 301 & CR575 (Lacoochee): go West on CR575, cross over US98, continue on CR575/Trilby Rd, turn Right/North onto Kettering Rd, go approx ½ mile to Diamond “B” Ranch, follow driveway to the arena.
- From US Hwy 301 & Lock Street (Dade City): turn West onto Lock St continue just past PHCC, just past Vaughn’s Grocery and the new Fire Station #36, turn Right/North CR575, turn Left/North onto Kettering Rd (dirt right of way) go approx ½ mile to Diamond “B” Ranch, follow driveway to the arena.